Hurry, Hurry, it’s your last weekend to experience Christmas in Long Grove! And the mood in town this year is extra festive. Thanks to merchants Ryan Messner and John Kopecky, our buildings in the historic downtown are outlined with thousands and thousands of twinkling white lights and the stores are beautiful all decked out in greenery with holiday bows. With our mild weather this year the shopkeepers are reporting strong sales and holiday shoppers happy to have chosen to spend a day in our quaint village.
So if you are in the mood for some seasonal cheer this weekend, here are a few suggestions:
- Stop by to say “ho, ho, ho” to Santa from 1-4 on Saturday or Sunday
- Take a FREE horse-drawn carriage ride on Saturday from 1-6
- Listen to holiday carolers, the “Jingle Singers” Saturday or Sunday from 2-4
- Knock off those last few wish list items and if you spend $150 you will receive a FREE gift!
- Participate in our “Smitten with Mittens” collection to help those in need
Details on all of the above activities can be obtained at our Visitor’s Center on the crossroads.
Christmas season can be hectic and hurried. So take a moment to slow down this weekend, come to Long Grove and soak in the atmosphere. Merry Christmas to you and yours!